What is Kiwanis?-Kiwanis Club of Forest City-London
WHAT IS KIWANIS?
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world, one child and one community at a time. The name "Kiwanis" means "we trade," "we come together," or "we share our talents." It was coined from an American native expression, Nunc Kee-wanis.
WHAT IS A KIWANIAN?
Kiwanians are volunteers changing the world through service to children and communities. Kiwanis members help shelter the homeless, feed the hungry, mentor the disadvantaged, and care for the sick. They develop youth as leaders, build playgrounds, raise funds for pediatric research, and much more. No problem is too big or too small. Why? Because working together, members achieve what one person cannot accomplish alone. When you give a child a chance to learn, experience, dream, and succeed, great things happen! And as Kiwanians, we see it every day.
- Over 8,000 clubs in more than 80 countries of the world
- More than 260,000 adult members
- Approximately 320,000 youth members
- Sponsors nearly 150,000 service projects annually
- Raises more than $107 million yearly
- Kiwanians contributed more than $100 million toward the global elimination of iodine deficiency disorders (IDD)
- Kiwanians are now involved in raising $110 million to eliminate maternal or neonatal tetanus
- The Kiwanis Club of Forest City-London is a 100K Club in this effort, committed to raising $100,000. Our club exceeded its goal, raising over $130,000
Watch the award-winning and compelling Kiwanis video "One Can Make A Difference"
The Kiwanis Club of Forest City-London meets each Monday at 12:10 p.m., at the Mocha Shrine Centre, 468 Colborne Street, London, Ontario, unless otherwise noted in the listing for coming meetings.
The meeting includes a luncheon buffet and a speaker on a topic of general interest. During summer months meetings are held in restaurants or at members' homes as announced.
During the present pandemic, our meetings are being conducted by Zoom. If you would like to attend a meeting as a guest, please contact Webmaster Jim Garey at email@example.com for information on how to join a meeting.